Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Design Technology Instructor
Required: Associate’s Degree in industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering or a related field with three years of work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s or higher degree in industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Engineering Design Process
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Professional experience as an Industrial Designer
- Previous teaching experience at the high school, community college, or university level. (Ability to teach engineering statics and mechanics).
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM, NX, and Solid Edge CAD design software.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- ASME Y14.5 and Y14.100 standards
- 3D CAD modeling
- Parametric modeling and PMI
- PLM, PDM, ERP, MRP or other engineering data management software systems
- Rapid prototyping technologies
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The instructor will be responsible for course instruction and lab/classroom management in all aspects of the Design Technology program. Other duties include, but are not limited to, curriculum development/restructuring, student assessment, student academic advising, student recruitment, and responsibilities for equipment, materials and supplies. This is a full-time faculty position and will be located at the Iowa Western Cass County Center in Atlantic, IA.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting up to 25 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Some travel is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the academic dean, meeting the contract minimum of on-campus hours per week.
- Conduct productive class sessions for the entire period scheduled.
- Facilitate student achievement of course and program competencies including active advising.
- Contribute to the development of course competencies for the program.
- Facilitate relationships with industry partners to benefit the program, students and partnerships.
- Function as a facilitator for the program’s Advisory Board.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the program budget.
- Maintain knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the Design Technology field.
- Maintain program equipment.
- Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records in compliance with FERPA guidelines.
- Participate in departmental, and college meetings as scheduled.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and positive student successful environment.
- Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the Center Director and Dean.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
- Capable of creating a classroom and lab environment which is conducive to student learning.
- Strong motivation to work/serve under-prepared students.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
open until filled