Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Residence Life Office Assistant Ste II
The Residence Life Office Assistant provides quality frontline customer service to students, parents, and visitors in the Reiver Suites II; provides general clerical and office support for the Office of Residence Life; and oversees the front desk, including training and assisting in the management of student desk workers.
Education: High school diploma/ equivalence required; Associate degree or higher preferred
- Experience in a customer service-related field with the demonstrated ability to react quickly, accurately, and congenially
- Experience that demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills and strong management skills
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals
- Experience that demonstrates student-centered decision making
Skills and Abilities:
- All Student Services: Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast pace environment.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in stressful situations is essential
- Serves as an administrative assistant for multiple staff members in the Office of Residence Life, including entering billing, scheduling appointments, and entering data in multiple Student Information Systems
- Manages a variety of functions associated with the front desk, including: greets students and visitors, registers housing guests, answers telephone calls, answers questions, and directs students to appropriate staff for assistance when necessary
- Assists in the supervision of student staff members who work at the front desk, ensuring they deliver high-quality customer service in a courteous and professional manner at all times
- Maintains a variety of daily logs in an accurate, timely, and confidential manner
- Collects student timecards and prepares payroll for student staff
- Responsible for the general appearance of the front desk and lobby in the Reiver Suites II, ensuring a clean, safe and welcoming environment for students
- Prepares and sends routine correspondence and other materials as directed by Residence Life staff
- Responds to all repair requests and maintenance needs of facilities and property, reporting such needs to appropriate department and staff
- Performs other duties as assigned.
$10.00 per hour
9AM – 3:30PM Monday–Friday
Requires prolonged periods of sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with students and staff is required.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled