Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Physical Therapist Assistant Lab Assistant
Required: Licensed physical therapist or physical therapist assistant. Physical therapist assistants must have a minimum of an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant as per the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
Required: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the field.
Preferred: APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor. Clinical and/or academic teaching experience.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Laboratory Assistant is responsible for participating in instruction of program students in accordance with curriculum standards and objectives. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Evaluate student performance on skills competencies and laboratory practical examinations.
- Develop and implement laboratory demonstrations that enhance teaching effectiveness and promote student learning.
- Develop, administer and evaluate laboratory course assignments.
- Assist with maintenance of student attendance, competency records and grades.
- Maintain safety of laboratory equipment and classroom space.
- Assist and counsel students with the Physical Therapist Assistant Program curriculum.
- Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice and trends in the physical therapy field.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Participate in projects to assist in meeting department goals as determined by the Program Director.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting < 50 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom or laboratory environment. Off campus laboratories may be held at acute care, ambulatory care, community and/or long term care facilities. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled