Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Assistant Football Coach-Room/Board
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Room and Board Assistant Coach will be required live on campus in an assigned housing facility. The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach in preparing the team for competition, teaching techniques of the sport, teaching rules and strategies of the sport, and instructing the team and individuals on methods to improve their performance. Will also assist the Head Coach with conduct, issues and concerns of student-athletes which detract from their ability to be a possible team member. Will be responsible for building positive relationships with the Residence Life staff and the Council Bluffs Police Officers working in campus buildings.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Lifting, carrying, walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching, bending, stooping
- Ability to assist with facility set-up by climbing stairs, ladders, and moving moderately heavy equipment
Typical Working Conditions:
- Works in housing and cafeteria environment
- Works in office environment
- Works in gymnasiums and indoor athletic facilities
- Works outdoors at athletic facilities
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers
- Frequent contact with students
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be required live on campus in an assigned housing facility.
- Will assist the Head Coach with issues and concerns of student-athletes living on-campus.
- Will be responsible for monitoring student-athletes conduct in housing facilities.
- Will be responsible for monitoring student-athletes conduct at meal times in the cafeteria.
- Will collaborate with residence life staff and with Council Bluffs Police Officers working in the facilities.
- Must be well versed in emergency procedures and willing to assist in emergency management.
- Must be skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Will be expected to follow the same rules and regulations as students; specifically; alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms, and visitation policies.
- Required to report threatening disciplinary situations to appropriate Residence Life staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must be able to build positive relationships with all students living on campus, also with residence life staff, and with Council Bluffs Police Officers. Must be well versed in emergency procedures and willing to assist in emergency management. Must be skilled in conflict management and resolution.
Required: Associate’s Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required: Background and experience working with college level students and student-athletes
Preferred: 3 years experience working with college level students and student-athletes
open until filled