Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Performs a wide range of facilities services tasks including non-technical maintenance of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment, at a level not requiring formal licensure. May be required to perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as a light equipment operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors, maintains, and performs standard repairs to building electrical facilities and systems, such as tubes, fixtures, switches, photo cells, and outlets; assists licensed electricians with non-technical repairs as appropriate.
- Monitors and performs non-technical maintenance of plumbing systems, to include standard repair of leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed waste lines, installing water coolers, and/or performing non-technical modifications to plumbing and water supply systems; assists licensed plumbers, as appropriate.
- Performs carpentry maintenance tasks including routine sheetrock/drywall installation and/or repair, window replacement, cabinet and countertop replacement, painting and texturing, and door and hardware installation; paints interior and exterior finishes, as appropriate.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Documents facilities maintenance requirements; maintains appropriate records of work performed.
- Performs snow removal, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of one or more building trades.
Position Requires: a) Performing a wide range of non-technical maintenance; b) Repairing electrical fixtures, switches and outlets, and c) Repairing leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed lines, replacing windows, and painting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of a valid driver's license is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
Iowa Western Community College provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.
open until filled