Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Construction Technology Lab Assistant
Basic Function and Responsibility:
- The lab assistant will assist the faculty in assessing student progress, instruction and be responsible for safety requirements on the job site.
- Function in a team with program faculty to promote, develop and deliver quality education programs that are in the best interest of the students and the college.
- Organize and teach labs as assigned by the program chair.
- Conduct labs for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
- Assist with the retention of the students to the program.
- Maintain competency and knowledge of current practice and trends in residential construction pedagogy.
- Maintain program equipment, making reports of repairs as needed to the department program chair.
- Ensure that the job site is a clean and safe environment for student learning.
- Proficiently complete additional duties as assigned.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing, sitting, or climbing. Requires frequent bending, stooping, or stretching. May require lifting up to 60 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
Typical Working Conditions:
This is a part-time position. Lab assistant assignment is located in Council Bluffs. Work schedule is Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays 7:00am – 4:00pm.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the program chair.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision and be held accountable for performance.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teacher-learning process.
- Capable of creating a safe environment which is conducive to student learning.
- An understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student.
- Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty and the curriculum
Required: Associate Degree related to construction or 5 years of residential construction experience.
open until filled