Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Assistant Football Coach/Admissions Specialist
Associate Degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience coaching/playing in the sport, college level preferred. Experience recruiting college athletes preferred.
Experience working with student-athletes at the collegiate level. Experience or training that demonstrates strong communication skills and strong organizational skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must have a valid driver’s license and qualify for insurance to drive college vehicles. Must be able to lift and operate sports and field related equipment.
Qualities needed for this position include excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to perform multiple tasks as assigned by the head coach and/or Athletic Director, maintaining appropriate priorities and meeting deadlines; ability to perform a variety of coaching functions both on and off the field; ability to work with students, high school coaches, parents, and outside agencies; ability to understand and relate to others the basics of financial aid; ability to build team cohesiveness; ability to encourage student athletes to perform at their best on and off the field; and ability to work collaboratively with the head coach and Athletic Director; ability to work with large groups of individuals and one-on-one in an advising mode.
Must possess strong computer skills, particularly the ability to navigate the college’s student information system and manage several spreadsheets. Ability to work as a contributing member of a high-energy Admissions and Records team in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Assist head coach in all aspects of intercollegiate athletic program. Responsible for managing lists of all incoming student-athletes, ensuring that they know what their next steps are and assisting them with the enrollment process. Communicates to student-athletes through phone calls and email.
- Assist the head coach in all aspects of the sport.
- Assist with recruiting, scouting, telephoning, home visits, and school visits.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Drive college vehicles, when necessary, for team trips.
- Assist head coach with record keeping and management of budget.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and inventory.
- Assist with athletes conditioning program including weight training, speed, quickness, and agility workouts.
- Assist with opposition scouting.
- Assist with travel arrangement for team trips.
- Assist in athletic camps.
- Assist with game management duties.
- Responsible for one night a week of wellness/open gym supervision.
- Works with coaches for all athletic teams to get lists of incoming student-athletes, practice and study hall times and recommended courses.
- Manages a detailed spreadsheet of incoming student-athletes for each athletic team and provides regular updates to coaches and Advisors.
- Maintains a working relationship with all coaches and Advisors.
- Communicates with student-athletes regarding their admission status and next steps over the phone and through email.
- Works with the Advisor/Athletic Specialist to ensure that student-athletes who have completed the necessary Admissions steps get registered for classes.
- Assists out-of-state student-athletes with the online registration process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled