Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct CNA-Clincial Instructor (2 positions)
Locations: Council Bluffs Campus and Shelby County Center
Education: Registered Nurse with a minimum of one year experience in a long-term care facility and one year hospital/clinical experience.
Required: Strong organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills. Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teacher-learning process. Capable of creating a classroom environment with is conducive to student learning. Computer experience in common software and internet. Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty and in curriculum.
Previous experience teaching health-related content.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
This position will be responsible for delivering Certified Nursing Assistant classes for credit. Must be willing to teach a variety of methodologies; face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and video conferencing. Assignments may include multiple sites during the course of a semester.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting up to 25 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a healthcare or long-term healthcare setting. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Some travel is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in student recruitment, retention and program completion.
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the director of nursing or academic dean.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Participate in the coordination and compliance with accreditation criteria.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge relevant to teaching field or discipline.
- Maintain equipment, technology and facilities used and report any problems to the division secretary.
- Be available to students for consultation before and/or after scheduled class time.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, such as: uploading syllabi to course shells, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date electronic attendance manager and grade book, complete and submit reports regarding student attendance and progress, submit final grades, and submit end-of-term electronic course assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Function as a team member to promote, develop, and deliver quality educational programs and activities that are in the best interest of the students, the division, the College, and the College district.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with the secondary school leadership teams, health science faculty, nursing faculty and college staff.
- Serve as the contact with long term care facilities providing state regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with standards and the secondary schools.
- Develop and present the Nursing Aide course with recorded content for use by the secondary schools.
- Oversee and serve as the long term care nursing resource for affiliated secondary school offerings of Nursing Aide course, attending quarterly health science academy meetings.
- Assess course outcomes each term making pertinent changes to improve student outcomes.
- Serve as a role-model for the pre-health care students to promote the nursing and allied health programs at Iowa Western through participation and presentations to appropriate secondary schools and community organizations.
- Coordinate optimal clinical experiences including various long term care facilities and simulation opportunities for students enrolled in the Nurse Aide course.
- Document correspondence and meeting minutes.
open until filled