Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
CNA Lab Assistant
The CNA lab assistant will be a resource for Certified Nurse Assistant students and will be responsible for assisting with laboratory sessions, evaluations, and collection of course assessment data.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Demonstrated understanding of Certified Nurse Assistant competencies
Demonstrated skill set including safety and BBF precautions and a understanding of equipment used in the field
Ability to create a positive hands-on learning environment with encouragement and motivation
- The lab assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in course instruction in the lab setting.
- Helping students acquire critical cognitive, psychomotor skills and support affective learning in the laboratory.
- Reviewing quality control measures and assisting students guiding them with corrective actions in a positive manner when needed, and assisting with the competency assessments.
- Maintaining appropriate records for the students, ensuring that all competencies have been taught and tested; maintaining adherence to CNA guidelines.
- Serving as a role model to the students of professional behavior and communication.
- Promoting a positive learning environment with emphasis on safety and compliance with national accrediting agency standards.
- Making systematic observations and formulates objective judgments about student performance with timely feedback given to the students.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
open until filled