Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Coordinator of Advising
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Must express sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students.
- Must illustrate a history of successful collaboration with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Must demonstrate student-centered decision making
- Must convey a commitment to delivering first-rate customer service and exceptional support on a daily basis.
- Work performed in Student Services at an institution of higher education, preferably a community college.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate policies and procedures to students.
- Ability to follow through independently.
- Keen attention to detail.
Manages multiple communication campaigns to students. Manages the Welcome Center front desk; including supervising the College Receptionist and student staff. Advises students and collaborates with colleagues to ensure quality service in the Welcome Center.
- Manages various communication campaigns, including but not limited to the registration of continuing students, Administrative Withdrawal for Non-Payment, FAFSA completion, and communication to students preparing for entry into allied health programs.
- Provides outreach for the advising component of retention alert software; ensures appropriate intervention, communication, and follow up with students. Serves as a member of a team that oversees early alert software.
- Provides supervision and support for the College Receptionist.
- Supervises and conducts training for student staff, who provides frontline support in the Welcome Center.
- Ensures appropriate staff and student worker coverage of the Welcome Center front desk during hours of operation.
- Creates and cultivates an environment that provides students with exemplary service on a consistent basis; maintains the day-to-day organization, security, and appearance of the Welcome Center.
- Ensures continuous quality improvement in service through the collection and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, including but not limited to various communication campaigns, student satisfaction, and lobby wait time.
- Provides advising training and support to faculty advisors.
- Serves as an assigned advisor for students. Initiates and maintains frequent and intentional contact with assigned advisees on a variety of topics and through various means. Communicates deadlines and important dates to assigned advisees.
- Provides advising to students regarding academic, social, financial, career and transfer planning, and college resources, providing referrals as necessary.
- Provides financial aid information to current students and answer questions they may have about the financial aid process and their award package; explains financial aid eligibility and disbursement of aid, and differences among and benefits of various types of aid.
- Develops and maintains advising web pages, information sites, and social media pages, ensuring content is current, accurate, and relevant.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits and perks, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Requires prolonged sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
open until filled