Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Accounting Clerk (Part-Time)
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Entry Level position under the supervision of Grants and Contracts Accountant; responsible for assisting in daily accounting duties of the Grants and Contracts Division.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require average-weight objects. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an interior/ office environment. Frequent contact with both internal and external customers.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide backup support for grants & contracts accounting:
- Research & verification of grant purchases
- General knowledge of the grants awarded to the institution
- Monthly reconciliation and book keeping of assigned grants
- Verify, reconcile and process contract reimbursement requests
- Provide backup support for foundation accounting:
- Data entry of donations received
- Support the reconciliation and data entry of foundation fundraisers
- Provide backup support for accounts payable:
- Reconcile purchase card detail to statement by cardholder
- Research vendor and college staff questions
- Sort daily mail and prepare mail log for Accounting Cashier
- General clerical work such as filing and data entry of journal entries
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
Required: High school diploma or GED.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
Preferred: One (1) year accounting or business office experience.
MS Office, specifically excel.
Integrated computer accounting system in a college or university environment.
General supervision received from the Grants and Contracts Accountant.
open until filled