Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Adjunct Online Physics Instructor
Required: Master’s degree in Physics or related field with 18 graduate hours in Physics is required to teach college level courses.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Adjunct Faculty is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Program Chair or Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty Minimum Hiring Standards and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Depending on course delivery methodology:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as micro-computer, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers, plus state of the art audio-visual technology in the classroom.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed on an on-line environment. Online instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the program chair or academic dean.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude.
- Be available to students for consultation through email.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, such as: uploading syllabi to course shell, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date electronic attendance manager and gradebook, complete and submit reports regarding student attendance and progress, submit final grades and submit end-of-term electronic course assessments.
- Set an example of professionalism at all times, and model behaviors that make for workplace success.A
All Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
open until filled