Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach Room/Board
Required: Associate Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Required: Minimum of 3 years coaching and/or competing in the respective sport. Background and experience working with college level students and student-athletes.
Preferred: Minimum of 3 years coaching and/or competing in the respective sport at the college level and working with college level students and student-athletes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Exceptional knowledge of respective sport. Possess strong organizational and computer skills. Possess ability to communicate effectively. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment. Sensitivity to and awareness of confidential materials. Must hold valid driver’s license and have good driving record to qualify to drive college vehicles and obtain CDL. Must be able to build positive relationships with all students living on campus, also with residence life staff, and with Council Bluffs Police Officers. Must be well versed in emergency procedures and willing to assist in emergency management. Must be skilled in conflict management and resolution.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with coordination of all phases of a competitive NJCAA Division I athletic program. Including but not limited to coaching, recruiting, budget management, travel management, rules and eligibility compliance, administrative duties, departmental fundraising, game management, academic advising, marketing, promotions and public relations. As part of Room and Board, the Assistant Coach will be required to live on campus in an assigned housing facility. The Assistant Coach will assist the Residence Life staff with conduct, issues and concerns of student-athletes living on-campus.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Lifting and carrying coaching
- Ability to do facility set-up by climbing stairs, ladders, and moving moderately heavy equipment
Typical Working Conditions:
- Works in office environment
- Works in housing and cafeteria environment
- Works in gymnasiums and indoor athletic facilities
- Works outdoors at athletic facilities
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers
- Frequent contact with students
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Head Coach with identification of prospective student athletes and establish and maintain appropriate communication.
- Assist Head Coach with effective on-campus visits.
- Demonstrates success with respect to qualified prospective student athletes.
- Assist with effective organization of program and management of time.
- Assist with and perform a variety of coaching functions at all practices.
- Assist with responsibility and supervision for team travel.
- Understand and assist with conference, region, NJCAA requirements in regards to meetings, statistics, rosters, schedules and awards.
- Assist with active support of fundraising initiatives.
- Participates in departmental and individual sport fundraising activities/events for producing scholarship and/or team funding.
- Assist with the admissions and financial aid advising process of team members.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility of all team members, providing intervention strategies and resources when necessary.
- Assist with the orientation of student-athletes regarding expectations, college policies, code of ethics, sportsmanship code and local resources.
- Assist with enforcement of college policies.
- Assist with drug testing policy procedures.
- Public Relations
- Establishes appropriate rapport with the media including reporting scores and team statistics in a timely manner.
- Represents the department and Iowa Western to service clubs, media and alumni groups.
- Works with entire athletic department on departmental projects and fundraising.
- Assist with providing information needed to produce respective sports guide.
- Works collaboratively with the college’s radio and TV broadcasting programs.
- Works collaboratively with the Reiver’s Sports Media Coordinator in regards to sports promotions, events and social media.
- Works collaboratively with the college’s web-master to update and maintain their respective sports web-page.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Complies with the colleges, ICCAC’s and NJCAA’s rules and regulations.
- Assist with submission of organized and accurate paperwork for eligibility.
- Assist with management of program within budget parameters.
- Assist with effectively managing scholarship offerings and budget.
- Assist with organizing team travel, accommodations and meals.
- Assist with accurate inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains care of equipment and facilities.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings.
- Assist with enforcement of medical and insurance procedures.
- Attends coaches meetings and ICCAC meetings as required.
- Participates in clinics for professional improvement.
- Works with and is supportive of other coaches and programs.
- Room and Board
- Will be required to live on campus in an assigned housing facility.
- Will assist the Residence Life staff with issues and concerns of student-athletes living on-campus.
- Will be responsible for building positive relationships with the Residence Life staff and the Council Bluffs Police Officers working in the buildings.
- Will be responsible for monitoring student-athletes conduct in housing facilities.
- Will be responsible for monitoring student-athletes conduct at meal times in the cafeteria.
- Will collaborate with residence life staff and with Council Bluffs Police Officers working in the facilities.
- Must be well versed in emergency procedures and willing to assist in emergency management.
- Must be skilled in conflict management and resolution.
- Will be expected to follow the same rules and regulations as students; specifically; alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms, and visitation policies.
- Required to attend meetings with the Residence Life staff.
- Required to report disciplinary situations to appropriate Residence Life staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Coach/Athletic Director.
open until filled