Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Classroom Proctor Cass County Center
Required: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required: Strong computer skills and ability to troubleshoot computer issues
Preferred: Knowledge of office systems and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent, sound judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, visitors and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- The ability to detect and solve problems
- Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand and asking appropriate questions
- The ability to communicate information effectively
- Actively look for ways to help others
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, as well as managing files and records.
- Ability to provide information to supervisor by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The class proctor will be responsible for monitoring an assigned classroom of students when the instructor is not physically present in the classroom. This may include: starting/concluding Interactive Web (LYNC) classes; enforcing appropriate student behavior during the class and/or during testing sessions; following and enforcing all test criteria as determined by the instructor, together with maintaining test integrity; troubleshooting technical and computer issues.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet students and visitors, answers general questions and refer to appropriate college personnel and/or departments
- Dispenses information such as brochures and handouts to students and visitors
- Inspect classrooms to insure they are ready for class
- Assist with the set-up of audio-visual equipment if needed (projectors, computers, LYNC)
- Assist students and instructors with locating classrooms
- Be familiar with security practices and procedures
- Contact outside emergency personnel as needed (police, fire department, ambulance)
- Receive and forward safety complaints
- Report security problems
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions, policies and procedures under routine and emergency situations.
- Maintain positive relations with students and instructors
- Open/close facility and/or activity areas
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Monitor classrooms and lab areas
- Be prepared to respond appropriately to any emergency. During severe weather alerts, keep instructors informed. Under emergency situations, make sure all individuals vacate to designated rooms. Inform students and instructors in the building of any early dismissals or other emergencies.
- Enforce the No Smoking policy
- Advise center director of any defective equipment, lights not working, plumbing problems, etc. in a timely manner
- Ability to enforce rules in a positive manner
- Be familiar with physical layout of building and its systems (alarms, electrical, HVAC, water, security)
- Insure computer systems are appropriately logged-off and that projectors or properly turned off.
- Conduct a final check of all classrooms and restrooms at the end of the day to assure everyone has left before locking the building. Collect any items left by students and leave in office.
- Other duties as assigned.
open until filled