Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor
1) Possess a master’s degree in Mathematics or subfield from a regionally accredited graduate school; or
2) Possess a master’s degree from a regionally accredited graduate school and have successfully completed 18 credit hours of graduate level courses in biology or subfield.
(Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics is acceptable to teach developmental courses.)
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Adjunct Faculty is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Program Chair or Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty qualifications and adhere to any contract requirements.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the program chair or academic dean, meeting the contract minimum of on-campus hours per week.
- Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
- Complete course reports forms for every course each semester in a timely fashion.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the specific education field.
- Function as a team with other instructors to promote, develop, and deliver quality education programs that are in the best interest of the students and the college.
- Maintain program equipment, making reports of repairs as needed to the department program chair and appropriate college departments.
- Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records.
- Undertake and proficiently complete additional duties as assigned.
open until filled