Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Robotics/Automation Systems Technology Instructor
Required: Associates degree in robotics/automation technology or equivalent experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Required: Recent work experience, three years of which must be in automation/advanced manufacturing.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic principles and circuits, electrical machines, digital electronics, electronic devices, and programmable logic controllers.
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices, robotics, sensors and transducers, power systems, controls and instrumentation, power electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics, remote sensing, and troubleshooting, and advanced PLC programing.
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The instructor is part of the Advanced Manufacturing degree pathway at Iowa Western and will focus on instruction and classroom/laboratory management in a variety of robotics/automation technology courses.
Duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom and laboratory sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment and responsibility for materials and supplies. Also, the instructor will be responsible for maintaining robotics lab, equipment and tools in an acceptable manner. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Minimum Faculty Hiring Standards and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Depending on course delivery methodology:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as micro-computers, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom/lab environment. Frequent contact with internal and external stakeholders is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input in developing, maintaining, evaluating and changing curriculum as needed.
- Market and recruit students into the program when approved by Dean.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners for participation in advisory committee and potential internships for students.
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by academic dean.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Attend professional staff development and growth activities, college in-service programs, department and division meetings.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge relevant to teaching field or discipline.
- Maintain equipment, technology and facilities used and report any problems to the division secretary.
- Be available to students for consultation before and/or after scheduled class time.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, such as: uploading syllabi to course shells, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date electronic attendance manager and grade book, complete and submit reports regarding student attendance and progress, submit final grades, and submit end-of-term electronic course assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
open until filled