Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Applied Low Brass Instructor
1. Bachelor’s Degree in discipline or related area with tested experience in specific instrument.
2. Previous teaching experience preferred
3. Computer experience in common software.
4. Self-directed, able to work with minimal supervision and be held accountable for performance.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
6. Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teacher-learning process.
7. Capable of creating a lesson environment which is conducive to student learning.
1. An understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student.
2. Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty and in the curriculum.
About the Position: The instructor will teach individual student lessons and be responsible for assessing student progress and records maintenance.
1. Function in a team with other instructors to promote, develop and deliver quality education programs that are in the best interest of the students and the college.
2. Organize and teach lessons as assigned by the academic dean.
3. Conduct lessons for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
4. Assist with the retention of students to the program.
5. Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in piano pedagogy.
6. Maintain program equipment, making reports of repairs as needed to the department program chair and appropriate college departments.
7. Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records.
8. Complete course report forms for every course each semester in a timely fashion.
9. Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the department.
10. Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
11. Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
12. Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the Dean.
13. Proficiently complete additional duties as assigned.
open until filled