Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Director of Multi-Modality Learning
Master’s degree required
Master’s degree in Education, Instructional Technology or related field preferred
- Broad knowledge of instructional technology; experience in using a learning management system.
- Familiarity with course development in online, hybrid and face to face instruction.
- Minimum of at least three years’ experience in course development, instruction and/or administration.
- Experience in multimodal instruction, assessment and programming
- Excellent interpersonal, written, communication, presentation and listening skills
- Minimum of one year in faculty development.
- Previous work experience with a community college.
- Curriculum evaluation experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Multitask in a fast-paced, independent working environment
- Be able to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, employers, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Be able to assume responsibility and deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Possess strong human relations skills.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Director of Multimodality Learning will provide vision, leadership and administration for accreditation, tracking and evaluating of all distance learning courses and programs. The Director should be knowledge of instructional technology and be able to assist faculty in course design of multi-modalities through programs, workshops, professional development, and research material. Course design topics include, but are not limited to; videos, online tools, Learning Management Systems, instructional methods and more.
- Assist faculty in course design in multiple modalities (online, hybrid and web) by providing training programs, workshops, professional development, and research material on LMS capabilities, online tools, and any instructional technology.
- Research and communicate new instructional technologies and technology-enhanced learning methods as they emerge for applicable and appropriate uses.
- Explore and evaluate the effectiveness of various technologies, instructional strategies and program designs to base curriculum improvement recommendations to faculty, program chairs and deans.
- Communicates and partners with IT to provide faculty and the deans with maintenance updates, help guides, and research to provide continuous improvement of the online learning management system.
- Develop an annual faculty training plan that includes, but is not limited to, classroom training for new full time and adjunct faculty, faculty development days, fall and spring teaching academy, LMS training and other systems.
- Perform multimodalities institutional research to aggregate data into final reports to be used in the ongoing accreditation, compliance and initiative expansion.
- Working with faculty, create a process to design and review online courses and programs.
- Create and implement training for faculty teaching in different modalities; online, hybrid and web.
- Maintain a program that promotes professional development with the learning management system to all faculty through both online and workshops.
- Serve as an academic liaison between academics and IT on LMS and electronic education tools.
- Provide guidance regarding state authorization compliance.
- Serves on appropriate college committees as assigned.
- Represents the college at meetings, conferences, professional development events, and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
open until filled