Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Residence Life Operations Manager
The Residence Life Operations Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the Residence Life business office; helps maintain multiple residence life databases; facilitates move-in and move-out processes; serves as the primary contact for prospective and current students, as well as their parents; manages the contracting process, as well as the billing process, for all housing facilities.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a customer-related field with the demonstrated ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially
- Experience that demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills, business skills, and strong management skills
- Experience that demonstrates efficiency and accuracy with regard to data entry and file maintenance
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students
- Experience that demonstrates a strong desire to work with a variety of people on a regular basis
- Experience working in student services in higher education
- Supervisory experience with regard to both operations and staff
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to openly confront and appropriately respond to students
- Ability to exercise superior judgement and discretion
- Manages housing contracting and billing processes, including the online contract upload process; determines housing facility and creates room assignments for approximately 1,200 residents
- Tracks housing deposit collection and process paperwork for the refunding of such deposits; enters charges on student accounts for room and board and process refunds; ensures billing changes, discrepancies, and issues are resolved in a timely and accurate manner
- Coordinates with the Athletics department and other cohorts on campus for the reserved room process, including tracking housing applications and deposits, deferring deposits, and updating roster information
- Consults and communicates in a congenial manner with new and current students, parents and college staff regarding housing contracts, accommodation requests, billing questions, room assignments, occupancy dates, and problems concerning facility and meal plan issues; returns Residence Life phone calls and emails, directing specific questions to the appropriate person when necessary
- Completes biweekly payroll transmittal for part-time staff, student staff, and CBPD.
- Creates reports for administration and other campus officials, including housing application projections, occupancy reports, housing rosters, and housing statistics; provides analysis for occupancy and projection reports
- Ensures student information and room placements are up-to-date and accurately maintained in eRezLife, Colleague, fingerID and on floorplans; manages monthly transition process and updates eRezLife and fingerID accordingly
- Reviews weekly class registration and enrollment reports, and communicates with students regarding housing eligibility; grants credit-hour exceptions to students on an individual basis; communicates with department staff regarding eligibility concerns and vacate information
- Manages the fingerID system in housing; enrolls new student fingers; updates student information in override document for banned or relocated students; works with IT on troubleshooting
- Creates communication templates that are used for move-in, room transitions, contract releases, and application process; ensures accuracy in all automated and outgoing communication to new and current students by identifying any inconsistencies or mistakes, and communicates necessary changes or updates to appropriate staff members
- Reviews applicants for the Pride Q*mmunity Living Learning Community and makes appropriate roommate matches and placements based on gender identity, roommate preferences, and preferred living, ensuring that safety and security remains a top priority
- Collaborates with Residence Life Coordinators to ensure that room damages and disciplinary fines are assessed in a consistent, accurate, and timely manner; compiles and submits monthly billing for student conduct, lockouts, and damage fines to the Accounting department
- Hosts housing application sessions during spring semester for Athletic teams and other cohorts on campus to ensure returning applications are completed in a timely manner and deposit roll-over can occur
- Maintains inventory of Residence Life office supplies; compiles office supply request from staff and assesses order based on budget; places OfficeMax and Central Supplies order and disperses supplies
- Knows and understands all Residence Life processes, policies, and procedures and be able to communicate such to students and parents
- Develops and implements initiatives for continuous improvement of the move-in and move-out processes that take place throughout the year
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve or enhance communication and processes, and communicates such to the Director
- Maintains viable working relationships and communication within the department and with other college departments and personnel in order to carry out, with positive results, the mission of the division and the college
- Serves as operations point-person between eRezLife programmers and ITC; responds to requests from eRezLife for student account updates and help requests; creates training for staff and student employees
- Performs all other duties as assigned
$14.42 per hour/$30,000 annually
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits and perks, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
This position requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods.
open until filled