Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Medical Terminology Instructor
1. Professional certification and two years experience in the health/medical field
2. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
3. Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teacher-learning process.
4. Capable of creating a classroom environment which is conducive to student learning.
1. Previous teaching experience in a medical field.
2. An understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student.
3. Experience with alternative learning delivery methods and systems.
4. Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty and in the curriculum.
5. Computer experience in common software and internet.
The instructor will be responsible for course instruction and classroom management in Medical Terminology. Duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom sessions, and responsibility for materials and supplies. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration. Medical Terminology is taught in two formats: Face-to-face and on-line.
1. Functions as a team member with other instructors to promote, develop and deliver quality education programs that are in the best interest of the students and the college.
2. Organizes and teaches classes as assigned by the academic dean.
3. Conducts class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
4. Assists with the development and monitoring of the program.
5. Assists with the development and revision of program curricula, including competency assessment, grades and syllabi formation.
6. Assists with the recruitment and retention of students to the program.
7. Maintains competency and knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the Medical Assistant field.
8. Maintains up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the department, in all courses assigned.
9. Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, confidentiality.
10. Understands and adheres to the organizational structure of the College and the academic division.
11. Undertakes and proficiently complete additional duties assigned.
open until filled