Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Campus Safety and Security Office Assistant
High School diploma required
Associate degree preferred
- Experience that demonstrates strong organizational skills, as well as efficiency and accuracy in task completion.
- Experience that demonstrates good communication skills.
- Experience that demonstrates competence with a variety of computer software programs.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, not only with Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook but also with other applications, databases, and software programs.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
The Campus Safety and Security Office Assistant provides general administrative support to the Safety and Security staff, including extensive video footage review and data entry.
- Provides general administrative support to the Director of Campus Safety and Security.
- Reviews video footage for various campus officials and local law enforcement.
- Maintains the parking information database.
- Processes all traffic and parking tickets issued on campus.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
$10.50 per hour
11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday is preferred but a different schedule can be developed depending on the employee’s availability
Requires prolonged standing or sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal customers is required.
open until filled