Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
C-Print Captionist-Cass County Center
High school diploma required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals
- Experience that demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills, and the ability to maintain integrity and ethical behavior in working with confidential information
- Experience working with deaf/hard-of-hearing adults in a post-secondary educational environment
- Experience with C-Print Captioning
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast pace environment.
- Strong computer skills including typing skills of at least 60 words per minute with accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
The C-Print Captionist provides real-time captioning to deaf or hard of hearing students in a classroom setting at the Cass County Center in Atlantic, IA.
C-Print is a speech-to-text technology service developed at the National Technical Institute for the deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology. The C-Print Captionist must successfully complete training in this specific assistive technology. C-print captionist training will be provided free of charge through an online course, if needed.
- Provides C-Print Captioning for deaf/hard of hearing students in the classroom and at other campus events.
- Provides C-Print notes to students. Edits and reviews captioned notes to ensure accuracy and clarity of information.
- Meets and communicates with instructors in order to be prepared for captioning/interpreting services.
- Maintains and troubleshoots equipment and minor technical difficulties to ensure uninterrupted service.
- Maintains strict confidentiality protocols as required by ADA law.
- Works independently and demonstrates expected professional behavior within a school setting.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
$11.00 per hour
Fall semester (8/21/17-12/15/17):
Monday/Wednesday: 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday: 12:00 to 3 p.m.
*Hours are yet to be determined for future semesters, as they depend on the students’ schedules.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED