Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Secretary-III Health and Sports Science
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of general office routine. Must have advanced competence of computer software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to operate various office equipment. Ability to support students, parents and faculty with program-related issues. Ability to process and protect student confidential materials.
High School Diploma required; Associate's Degree in office management, office information systems or similar program preferred.
Two years of progressively responsible administrative professional experience.
Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Basic Function and Responsibilities
Under supervision, coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of administrative support activities for the Health and Sports Sciences division. Assignments may be confidential in nature. Provides and coordinates office support. Coordinates special events.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as micro-computers, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and maintain appropriate data for Nursing and Dental Hygiene students, full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Maintain alumni data.
- Prepare new and annually updated clinical site contracts.
- Coordinate acquisition and termination of computer access for nursing students and faculty at select health systems.
- Retrieve and prepare necessary data for grant proposals, accreditation visits, mandatory board of nursing reports, etc.
- Facilitate pinning ceremonies for program graduates.
- Maintain nursing and dental hygiene program(s) syllabi.
- Maintain nursing and dental hygiene program(s) student policy manuals.
- Prepare and manage correspondence for the director of nursing.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for lab and office supplies for nursing and dental hygiene programs.
- Transcribe and maintain meeting minutes for nursing and dental hygiene faculty meetings.
- Maintain appointment calendar for the director of nursing.
- Other duties as assigned.
open until filled