Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Art Temporary-Media/Photography
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
Required: Master’s degree in Art or subfield with 18 graduate hours in the specific course discipline is required to teach college level courses.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Basic Function and Responsibility:
This temporary adjunct instructor will teach four three-credit courses (two sections of Digital Media and two sections of Photography) in a temporary capacity. Adjunct faculty is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty Minimum Hiring Standards and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Depending on course delivery methodology:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as micro-computers, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Additionally, online instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote, develop, and deliver quality education courses and programs with the intent to retain students to graduation.
- Organize and teach labs as assigned by the academic dean.
- Assess student learning outcomes in courses each term.
- Refer students to college resources as needed.
- Make availability for individual student meetings outside of class as needed.
- Initiate and pursue a professional growth plan to maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice trends in the field.
- Post student attendance, grades, and course syllabus to the college LMS in accordance with college timelines.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality and decorum regarding students and colleagues in accordance with college and federal guidelines.
open until filled