Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Secretary-IV Career and Technical Education
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate degree or three years of progressively responsible administrative professional experience are required.
Associate Degree (preferred)
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
This position will provide secretarial support to the Academic Affairs department. Duties include preparing reports, event coordination, data input, and general clerical and office support. Considerable judgment and independent action is exercised in establishing or adapting work procedures to new situations. This person will serve as a resource for all career and technical education programs.
- Assists in updating and maintaining Perkins grant expenditures: requests, approval and costs.
- Assists in updating the faculty resource page.
- Acts as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering and responding to general inquiries, or directing visitors.
- Serves as a contact for: faculty, academic dean, and vendors.
- Schedules meetings as requested.
- Schedules meetings, takes or collects meeting minutes, disseminates meeting minutes, archives meeting minutes, and maintains accuracy of data for the program Advisory Boards.
- Updates, stores, and sends out the Reiver Week letters to new faculty.
- Manage and/or complete all amended curriculum forms.
- Monitors and updates faculty budget codes as needed.
- Manages the materials associated with the Program Review and Evaluation process.
- Organizes, updates, and maintains the articulation agreements.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and retrieves appropriate data to complete assignments from the supervisor within established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Multitask in a fast-paced, independent working environment
- Be able to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, employers, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Be able to assume responsibility and deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
- Possess strong human relations skills.
open until filled