Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Intermediary Network Specialist
In partnership with the Intermediary Network Coordinator, Intermediary Network Program Specialist executes the mission and purpose of the Iowa Western Intermediary Network grant, which is designed to improve the skills of Iowa’s future workforce by connecting students to local career opportunities, building relationships between local youth, the education system and the community at large, and preparing students to make informed postsecondary education and career decisions. Intermediary Network Program Specialist works with school districts, employers, and community partners to identify work-based learning opportunities for high school students and teachers, including internships, job shadows, worksite tours, educator internships, and other career exploration activities.
Associate Degree required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Experience that demonstrates student-centered decision making.
- Experience with planning and executing events.
- Experience with business and economic development.
- Experience with program evaluation and grant reporting
- Experience speaking and presenting in formal and informal environments to small and large groups.
- Experience with career and technical education (CTE) programming, secondary education, and/or post-secondary programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- In partnership with the Intermediary Network Coordinator, works with school district, business, college, and community partners to identify work-based learning needs and opportunities, including internship, job shadowing, and worksite tour experiences for students and teachers.
- In partnership with the Intermediary Network Coordinator, collaborates with workforce and community groups to share information, identify partnership opportunities, and grow the network.
- In partnership with the Intermediary Network Coordinator, visits high schools within Iowa Western’s region to identify work-based learning needs and opportunities.
- Assists with planning and execution of career exploration events, including career fairs and conferences.
- Collaborates with High School Outreach, Admissions, and other Iowa Western departments to execute work-based learning activities.
- Tracks and evaluates work-based learning activities, and evaluates data performance metrics.
- Attends meetings and workshops related to work-based learning initiatives, including local and state conferences.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
$14.50 per hour
20-25 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Schedule may vary depending on employee’s availability. Occasional evenings and weekends can be expected
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
open until filled