Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Adjunct Bookkeeping Instructor-CE
Part-time position teaching non-credit certificate program in Continuing Business Education at Iowa Western Community College.
Required: Experience in Bookkeeping/Accounting. Four year degree in accounting.
Required: 1-2 years working in the accounting field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and present current curriculum concepts.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Must be a reliable self-starter who is able to work independently.
Basic Function and Responsibility: Adjunct Faculty would be responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Program Coordinator or Dean. They work with staff, faculty and students to provide a warm, friendly, nurturing atmosphere where students can learn the skills required, to obtain the job they need, to have the lives they want. They must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures
Typical Physical and Mental Demands:
This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity are required. This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information.
Typical Working Conditions: Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Evening program delivery for a two- month period and usually two evenings per week.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts classroom activities according to program requirements to ensure that students acquire the personal, interaction and professional/vocational skills to be effective in the vocation they have chosen to pursue.
- Serves as a mentor, develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with students in order to monitor and resolve students’ concerns.
- Participate in program activities including program planning and evaluation.
- Track student attendance and grades.
- Implement and adhere to all school policies.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
open until filled