Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Professional Math Tutor
Provide tutoring and academic coaching to students enrolled in Statistics and Intermediate Algebra courses.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in statistics and calculus.
- Experience tutoring or teaching students at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Experience working with and providing academic support for diverse populations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate policies and procedures to students.
- Must express sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students.
- Must convey a commitment to delivering first-rate customer service and exceptional support on a daily basis.
- Ability to follow through independently.
- Provide one-on-one and small-group tutoring to students enrolled in Statistics and Intermediate Algebra.
- Help students understand and navigate Excel.
- Assist students with non-cognitive skill development including studying, note taking, organization, and time management.
- Provide ongoing feedback and input to Math Success Coach and Coordinator of Academic Support as they expand and refine academic support services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with math faculty to enhance support resources, expand the student support network, and optimize the impact of student success initiatives.
- Create, modify, and utilize study aides and guides for students enrolled in Statistics and Intermediate Algebra.
- Maintain documentation of students’ tutoring use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
$17.00 per hour
Monday through Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Occasional evenings required.
Requires prolonged sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
open until filled