Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, the HiSET Navigator will work with existing efforts to build capacity in the HiSET, GAP and PACE (Pathways for Academic Career Education and Employment) programs. This individual will work closely with the Education to Employment Coordinator and the Adult Learning Center Coordinator to develop, recruit, promote, maintain and evaluate current and future programming.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree with prior experience in career counseling, education, or human services.
40% Student Interaction
- Recruit students by information-sharing by phone calls, emails, and face-to-face meetings.
- Determine eligibility and administer referral for approval for the appropriate program.
- Coach and advise students in HiSET/GAP/PACE programming, linking students with appropriate college and partner resources.
- Building relationships by proactively communicating with students including guiding them in decision-making, holding them accountable, connecting them to community resources, and career planning.
- Administer and schedule Welcome Week for all HiSET students.
- Proctor HiSET test.
- Proctor NCRC testing for potential GAP/PACE students.
- Provides exceptional student service by being knowledgeable of academic policies and procedures of Iowa Western.
40% Data Management
- Collect and maintain all attendance processes and records for the HiSET program and enter data into College’s attendance manage system.
- Assist with phone calls inquiring about HiSET, ESL, Literacy, GAP, and PACE.
- Work in collaboration with Continuing Education, Secondary Programs, Academic Affairs, and other college programs and committees on the development of career pathways and articulation between credit and non-credit programs.
- Form relationships with Community-Based Organizations to create a referral system, as well as partner agreements linking GAP/PACE/HiSET program participants to support services needed to successfully enroll and complete education and training plans.
5% Perform other related work duties as assigned.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS (Skills & Abilities):
- Multitask in a fast-paced, independent working environment
- Ability to organize time and tasks is essential. Ability to meet deadlines required.
- Assume responsibility and deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with students, colleagues, faculty, and staff required.
- Ability to successfully and diplomatically work with co-workers to achieve common goals is critical.
- Must possess strong public speaking skills and be comfortable in speaking in one-on-one and group settings.
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to accurately and efficiently communicate imperative information to students and coworkers.
- Strong computer skills; understand and operate all functions in Microsoft Office are required.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail, and ability to follow through independently.
- Be able to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits and perks, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
open until filled