Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Adjunct Biological Sciences Instructor
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Adjunct Faculty is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty qualifications and adhere to any contract requirements.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting up to 25lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom and laboratory environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Some travel is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help students achieve their educational and career goals
- Promote, develop, and deliver quality education programs with the intent to retain students to graduation
- Organize and teach labs as assigned by the academic dean
- Assess student learning outcomes in courses each term
- Refer students to college resources
- Promote, model, and enforce academic integrity
- Be available in office for student assistance via email, phone, or conference
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA and Title IX regulations
- Implement accommodations for ADA compliance
- Initiate and pursue a professional growth plan to maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice trends in the field
- Post student attendance, grades, and course syllabus to the college LMS in accordance with college timelines
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment
- Demonstrate professional decorum with all members of the college and community
- Other duties as assigned which may include:
- Review faculty credentials in consultation with the Academic Dean
- Review student transcripts upon request
- Assist with instructor orientations
- Assist the College with NACEP accreditation standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
- Capable of creating a classroom and lab environment which is conducive to student learning.
- Strong motivation to work/serve under-prepared students.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
1) Possess a master’s degree in biology or subfield from a regionally accredited graduate school.
2) Possess a master’s degree from a regionally accredited graduate school and have successfully completed 18 credit hours of graduate level courses in biology or subfield.
Preferred: Emphasis on human biology and anatomy and physiology.
Preferred: Previous experience teaching science’s with labs.
open until filled