Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Head Coach Men's & Women's Bowling
Iowa Western Community College successfully competes at the NJCAA Division I level and the ICCAC, invites applications for the positin of full-time Men's & Women's Head Bowling Coach. This is a new program slated to being competition in Fall 2018.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Head Coach will coordinate all phases of a competitive NJCAA Division I athletic program. Including but not limited to coaching, recruiting, budget management, travel management, rules and eligibility compliance, administrative duties, departmental fundraising, game management, academic advising, marketing, promotions and public relations.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Lifting and carrying
- Ability to do facility set-up by climbing stairs, ladders, and moving moderately heavy equipment
Typical Working Conditions:
- Works in office environment
- Works in gymnasiums and indoor athletic facilities
- Works outdoors at athletic facilities
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers
- Frequent contact with students
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies prospective student athletes and establishes and maintains appropriate communication.
- Arranges for effective on-campus visits.
- Demonstrates success with respect to qualified prospective student athletes.
- Organization and Program Development
- Demonstrates effective organization of program and management of time.
- Organizes and supervises all practices.
- Effectively utilizes assistant coaching staff for practices and games.
- Develops competitive schedules that are appropriate for competition levels and budget considerations.
- Assumes responsibility and supervision for team travel.
- Meets conference, region, NJCAA requirements in regards to meetings, statistics, rosters, schedules and awards.
- Initiates active selling of booster advertising and memberships for scholarship fundraising.
- Participates in departmental and individual sport fundraising activities/events for producing scholarship and/or team funding.
- Assists with the admissions and financial aid advising process of team members.
- Monitors academic progress and eligibility of all team members, providing intervention strategies and resources when necessary.
- Orientation of student-athletes regarding expectations, college policies, code of ethics, sportsmanship code and local resources.
- Enforces college policies and recommends sanctions for student violations.
- Assists with drug testing policy procedures.
- Public Relations
- Establishes appropriate rapport with the media including reporting scores and team statistics in a timely manner.
- Represents the department and Iowa Western to service clubs, media and alumni groups.
- Works with entire athletic department on departmental projects and fundraising.
- Is responsible for providing information needed to produce respective sports guide.
- Works collaboratively with the college’s radio and TV broadcasting programs.
- Works collaboratively with the Reiver’s Sports Media Coordinator in regards to sports promotions, events and social media.
- Works collaboratively with the college’s web-master to update and maintain their respective sports web-page.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Complies with the colleges, ICCAC’s and NJCAA’s rules and regulations.
- Submits organized and accurate paperwork for eligibility.
- Manages program within budget parameters.
- Effectively manages scholarship offerings and budget.
- Executes purchasing and resolves expense accounts appropriately.
- Effectively organizes team travel, accommodations and meals and submits proper paperwork.
- Conducts timely and accurate inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains care of equipment and facilities.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings.
- Enforces medical and insurance procedures.
- Attends coaches meetings and ICCAC meetings as required.
- Participates in clinics for professional improvement.
- Works with and is supportive of other coaches and programs.
- Supervises, mentors and delegates appropriately for assistant coaches.
- Coordinates hiring of officials.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Exceptional knowledge of respective sport. Possess strong organizational and computer skills. Possess ability to communicate effectively. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment. Sensitivity to and awareness of confidential materials. Supervisory experience. Must hold valid driver’s license and have good driving record to qualify to drive college vehicles and obtain CDL.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Required: Minimum of 3 years of athletic coaching of respective sport
Preferred: Minimum of 3 years of athletic coaching of respective sport at the college level
Iowa Western Community College offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
open until filled