Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Assistant Women's Soccer Coach
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The Assistant Coach will assist the Head Coach with coordination of all phases of a competitive NJCAA Division I athletic program. The primary responsibility will be coaching. The successful candidate must also have knowledge of and familiarity with recruiting, budget management, travel management, rules and eligibility compliance, game management and academic advising.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Lifting and carrying
- Ability to do facility set-up by climbing stairs, ladders, and moving moderately heavy equipment
Typical Working Conditions:
- Works in office environment
- Works in gymnasiums and indoor athletic facilities
- Works outdoors at athletic facilities
- Frequent contact with internal and external customers
- Frequent contact with students
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Head Coach with identification of prospective student athletes and establish and maintain appropriate communication.
- Assist Head Coach with effective on-campus visits.
- Demonstrates success with respect to qualified prospective student athletes.
- Assist with effective organization of practices and management of time.
- Assist with and perform a variety of coaching functions at all practices.
- Assist with team travel.
- Understand and assist with conference, region, NJCAA requirements in regards to meetings, statistics, rosters, schedules and awards.
- Assist with the admissions and financial aid advising process of team members.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility of all team members, providing intervention strategies and resources when necessary.
- Assist with the orientation of student-athletes regarding expectations, college policies, code of ethics, sportsmanship code and local resources.
- Assist with enforcement of college policies.
- Assist with drug testing policy procedures.
- Public Relations
- Establishes appropriate rapport with the media including reporting scores and team statistics in a timely manner.
- Organize and manage community service projects and outreach programs.
- Works with entire athletic department on departmental projects and fundraising.
- Assist with providing information needed to produce respective sports guide.
- Player Development
- Develop and monitor all aspects of off-season training program including weight training and conditioning/agilities.
- Assist in drills to develop and improve player skills in both individual and small group settings.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Complies with the colleges, ICCAC’s and NJCAA’s rules and regulations.
- Assist with submission of organized and accurate paperwork for eligibility.
- Assist with management of program within budget parameters.
- Assist with effectively managing scholarship offerings and budget.
- Assist with organizing team travel, accommodations and meals.
- Assist with accurate inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains care of equipment and facilities.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings.
- Assist with enforcement of medical and insurance procedures.
- Attends coaches meetings and ICCAC meetings as required.
- Participates in clinics for professional improvement.
- Works with and is supportive of other coaches and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Exceptional knowledge of respective sport. Possess strong organizational and computer skills. Possess ability to communicate effectively. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment. Sensitivity to and awareness of confidential materials. Must hold valid driver’s license and have good driving record to qualify to drive college vehicles and obtain CDL.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Required: Minimum of 3 years coaching and/or competing in the respective sport.
Preferred: Minimum of 3 years coaching and/or competing in the respective sport at the college level.
open until filled