Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
The Records and Registration Assistant manages all front-line services offered at the Registration desk in the Welcome Center, providing exceptional, friendly customer service to students, faculty, and staff needing assistance with processing course registrations and trouble-shooting online registration errors, processing transcript requests, enrollment verifications, and degree verifications. When not assisting students, the Records and Registration Assistant also provides support to Admissions and Records Department data-entry processes.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in a customer-related field with the demonstrated ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially.
- Must illustrate a history of successful collaboration with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Work performed in Student Services at an institution of higher education, preferably a community college.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate policies and procedures to students.
- Strong computer skills, particularly the ability to operate and understand a complex student information system and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to follow through independently.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Responsible for managing all services provided at the Registration desk in the Welcome Center, including processing course registrations, adds, drops, and withdrawals, as well as transcript requests, name and address changes, enrollment and degree verifications, and placement test score requests.
- Provides exceptional, friendly, and helpful customer service to students, faculty, and staff, going above and beyond to assist customers with their needs.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of High School Outreach with entering applications, course registrations, roster verification, and grade entry for high school students.
- Processes graduation applications, including entering data, printing degree audits, emailing student communication, and assists with tasks in preparation for the commencement ceremony.
- Assists the Registration Specialist in processing visiting student registration which includes email communication regarding course prerequisites, waitlists, and registration confirmation.
- Assists students, faculty, and staff on the phone and through email with Records and Registration processes, including assistance with completing online forms and navigating the college website.
- Performs various clerical duties, including filing and issuing parking permits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
$11.05 - $11.55 per hour
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday/Tuesday 8:00-4:30, Wednesday 8:00-6:00, Thursday 8:00-4:30, Friday 8:00-3:00
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires bending, stooping, or stretching.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Open Until Filled