Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
This position will serve two roles: instructor and lab/safety coordinator for the CNC Machining and Electrical Programs. This position will contribute to the comprehensive educational experience for the students. This position will involve spending approximately 15 hours per week instructing students, and delivering quality curriculum through lab activities and the LMS. This position will also spend approximately 10 hours per week prepping for courses, setting up the labs, and assisting in company outreach. The instruction of these two programs will take place in the evening (M-Th). The lab/safety coordinator hours can be flexible to work around your schedule
Preferred: Associates Degree
The desired candidate would be experienced in technical practices and procedures used in the HVAC Industry. They would also be experienced in parts industry practices, procedures, and terminology used in this field.
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the academic dean
- Develop and maintain lab for students to use
- Develop procedures to ensure student success in the classroom
- Conduct productive class sessions for the entire class period scheduled.
- Facilitate student achievement of course competencies for the program.
- Maintain knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the manufacturing industry.
- Maintain equipment, making reports of repairs as needed to the dean.
- Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records in compliance with FERPA guidelines.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the college, in all courses assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and positive student successful environment.
- Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the Dean. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Evaluation of courses and programs
- Reports, roster verification, progress reports, final grades.
- Course assessments
- Assist dean in hiring manufacturing adjuncts for all programs at Iowa Western.
- Connect students to employment opportunities.
- Continuously work with the manufacturing industry to ensure Iowa Western programming is up to date.
- Other duties as assigned
open until filled