Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
Next class starting early Spring 2019.
Must provide copy of recent transcript (showing successful completion of anatomy & medical terminology classes) to process registration.
Medical billing and coding professionals play a vital role in today’s healthcare industry. It is how those in the healthcare field keep track of the data and paperwork involved with medical procedures, and keep information flowing efficiently between medical service providers and insurance companies.
Program Brochure (class schedule included)
About the Program
This class is taught in a hybrid format, incorporating classroom and online learning. See brochure for schedule. Students should expect to spend at least 12 hours of work outside the classroom. Upon completion of the class, students will sit for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam from AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders).
Program to Include
- Principles of medical billing
- Understanding health insurance
- Fundamentals of medical coding
- Most up-to-date information on CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- Evaluation and management review
- Expertise in reviewing and assigning correct procedure and diagnostic codes
- Preparation for the AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (HiSET, GED)
- Anatomy and Medical Terminology
- successful completion of anatomy and medical terminology courses
- copy of most recent transcript must be provided at time of registration
- unofficial copy is acceptable
- email transcript to email@example.com
- Working knowledge of Windows-based PC and Microsoft Office
- Access to computer with high-speed internet
$2,995 Includes book, handouts/resources, AAPC student membership for 1 year and CPC exam. Pre-registration is required and payment is due at time of registration.
FREE Tuition Assistance Available!
This program is approved for FREE Education 2 Employment tuition assistance for eligible Iowa residents. Financial assistance may include training tuition, textbooks, tools, certification fees, required materials and other services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712.325.3268 for more information!
Registration: Call 712.325.3255
Must provide copy of recent transcript (showing successful completion of anatomy & medical terminology courses) to process registration. Pre-Registration is required! Money order, cash, or cashier’s check/credit card only—no personal checks accepted. Registration deadline is one week prior to class start date.