January 28 - February 15, 2019
Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
This 65 hour course is designed to prepare persons who are working as Nurse Aides with the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively provide rehabilitative/restorative therapies under the direction of a physical therapist or occupational therapist. The Certified Nurse Aide course is prerequisite to this course because the information and skills being taught are based on the basic skills acquired when providing nurse aide services.
- Certificate of completion of a 75 hour Certified Nurse Aide course
- Currently on the Nurse Aide Registry
- Six months experience as a CNA
- Written recommendation from a nursing director or administrator
Program to Include
- Conceptualize rehabilitation of elderly residents/patients
- Normal basic anatomy and physiology of body systems and the interrelationship of these systems
- Importance of range of motion and how to perform ROM when caring for the elderly
- Correct body mechanics, transfer methods and body positioning
- Resident/patient basic self-care under the direction of a physical therapist or occupational therapist
- Various types of equipment and functions available for rehabilitation care
- Assessment process used by licensed PT/OTR in developing a rehabilitation plan
Method of Assessment
- Exams: Students must have an 80% average to successfully complete the Rehab Aide Course. There are no re-takes of any exams in this course. All course homework must be completed.
- Attendance: 100% Attendance is mandatory. Weather related delays or closings will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Homework: Assignments must be completed satisfactorily prior to receiving the certificate.
- Class Participation: Active participation is expected and used to evaluate successful completion of this course.
Iowa Western Community College
Looft Hall, 2700 College Road
Council Bluffs IA
Textbook and handouts included in cost of class.
FREE Tuition Assistance Available!
This program is approved for FREE Education to Employment tuition assistance for eligible Iowa residents. Financial assistance may include training tuition, textbooks, tools, certification fees, required materials and other services. Email Rachel Jensen at (712) 325-3268 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Click on Flyer and complete the registration form on back.
- Fax, mail or bring in registration form with payment and prerequisite documentation.