Industrial Technology Certificate
August 19 - December 13, 2019
IWCC Council Bluffs Campus, Kinney Hall
Evening Classes (5 months to complete)
August 19, 2019 - May 8, 2020
IWCC Shelby County Campus, Harlan
Afternoon Classes (10 months to complete)
FREE Education 2 Employment Program
This career training is approved for FREE tuition assistance through our Education 2 Employment program for eligible Iowa residents. Financial assistance may include training tuition, textbooks, tools, certification fees, required materials and other services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712.325.3268 for more information!
About the Program
The program prepares students to be employed as technicians in the fields of electrical
maintenance and production. The program is developed especially for the industry in
the development, installation and maintenance of complex industrial processes as well
as their electronic, controller, and computer devices. Graduates of this
program are awarded a certificate.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Follow safety practices and procedures for all tools and equipment with proper use of PPE.
- Describe types of work and workplace environments available and techniques needed to succeed within professional career fields.
- Build, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
Program to Include
- Motors and Controls
- Technical Math
- Equipment Safety and Operation
- Circuit Analysis I
- Circuit Analysis l Lab
- Industrial Engineering Technology Orientation Explore career options for Automation, Robotics, Electronics, Sustainable Energy and Industrial careers. You are provided direction for choosing a field within these disciplines, learn problem-solving skills and develop an educational plan of study.
Career & Salary Information
Entry-level Industrial Machinery Installation, Repair, and Maintenance Workers pay is $16.07/hour. Industrial machinery mechanics and machinery maintenance workers play vital roles in the manufacturing process. These careers appeal to people with an interest in electronics, technology and maintaining and repairing industrial machinery. Industrial machinery mechanics and machinery maintenance workers repair and maintain industrial production and machinery systems.
Opportunities for advancement vary by specialty. The most highly skilled workers may be promoted to supervisor, master mechanic, or millwright.
Non-Credit to Credit
Graduates of this program are awarded college credit. Enter the workforce or continue on to many Diploma and A.A.S. programs:
- Industrial maintenance Technician Diploma
- Robotics/Automated Systems Technician Diploma
- Sustainable Entergy Technology A.A.S.
- Electronic Technology Diploma
- Photonics System Diploma
(Textbooks not included. Estimated cost is $670.)
- Safety glasses
- Jump drive
- T1-36 calculator or T1-83 series or better grafting calculator
Education 2 Employment Program
Contact Rachel Jensen at email@example.com or 712.325.3268