Industrial Technology Certificate
August 19 - December 13
IWCC Council Bluffs Campus, Kinney Hall
FREE Education 2 Employment Tuition Assistance
This career training is approved for FREE tuition assistance through our Education 2 Employment program for eligible Iowa residents. Financial assistance may include training tuition, textbooks, tools, certification fees, required materials and other services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 712.325.3268 for more information!
About the Program
Lead a comfortable life with a job that doesn’t make you take your work home. The program of prepares students to be employed as technicians in the fields of electrical maintenance and production. The program is developed especially for the industry in the development, installation and maintenance of complex industrial processes as well as their electronic, controller, and computer devices.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Follow safety practices and procedures for all tools and equipment with proper use of PPE.
- Describe types of work and workplace environments available and techniques needed to succeed within professional career fields.
- Build, analyze, and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
Program to Include
- Motors and Controls
- Technical Math
- Equipment Safety and Operation
- Circuit Analysis I
- Circuit Analysis l Lab
- Industrial Engineering Technology Orientation Explore career options for Automation, Robotics, Electronics, Sustainable Energy and Industrial careers. You are provided direction for choosing a field within these disciplines, learn problem-solving skills and develop an educational plan of study.
Career & Salary Information
The program of prepares students to be employed as technicians in the fields of electrical maintenance and production.
Once you choose a sector to go into, there are plenty of options for your career path.
From fabrication and
welding to research and distribution, the possibilities seem endless. There is always room to grow and advance your career.
Non-Credit to Credit
Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate. Enter the workforce or students who wish to complete an advanced degree may continue on to complete many Diploma and A.A.S. programs.
(Textbooks not included. Estimated cost is $670.)
- Safety glasses
- Jump drive
- T1-36 calculator or T1-83 series or better grafting calculator
Contact Denise Norman at email@example.com or 712.325.3415.