Welcome to the IWCC Teen Driver's Education Program. This class meets the requirements of Iowa Code for driver education, with a focus on the first time teen driver 14-17 years old. Our program is certified by the state of Iowa, and uses only certified instructors in the classroom and behind the wheel. We are committed to providing the best possible training in preparing your teen for the licensing process. A minimum of 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction are provided.
- There is a Mandatory Parent’s Meeting before the class starts. See class description for date.
- Your child must have their learner’s permit to register for the class.
- We offer 1 make-up day, and by state law students must be present for 30 hours of instruction. If they cannot attend class because of other events, they will not pass.
- We strongly recommend driving as much as possible with your child before and during the class. We have an aggressive driving plan ranging from gravel roads to urban Interstates. Students who have never driven will have trouble completing the plan.
- Drive sessions can be expected to continue 30 days after the end of classroom sessions.
School Year Schedule
During the school year we offer a fall and spring class. Classes meet Saturday mornings and run for 10 sessions with drive times scheduled after school during the week and on Saturdays. Drive sessions can be expected to continue 30 days after the end of classroom sessions.
During the summer we offer two intense two week long sessions to make them easier to fit between other summer activities. The first session starts in June, the second session in July. Drive times are during the day after class and on Saturdays. Drive sessions can be expected to continue 30 days after the end of classroom sessions.
A detailed description of the class can be found in the Syllabus.
Textbook will be loaned to students and must be returned the last day of class. Replacement fee for a lost/damaged textbook is $45.
You may cancel your registration 24 hours prior to the start of class and receive a 100% refund.
Students must have an Iowa Learners Permit before registering.
**FULL** Driver's Education July
The July class is full. Please email email@example.com to be put on a waiting list.
Parent’s meeting is Saturday, June 22 from 9-11 am.
Class is M-F, July 8-19, 8-11 am (The one make-up day is July 22.)
Looft Hall room 010